Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm getting a different (and better) computer!

All it took was saying, "Okay, I think it's time. We should buy another computer." Forty-eight hours later, a new Apple G5 Power PC is winging its way here as I type. We're going to put the new computer in my husband's office and move the Mac mini I'm using right now into my office to replace my ten-year-old iMac. See, I moved my manuscripts to the mini a couple of years ago to make the querying process more convenient. Sadly, I discovered I couldn't go back because the version of Word I use on the mini won't run on my poor little iMac. And that put a big crimp in my writing time.

This should make my weekends more productive, since I won't be competing for time with all the Toms, Dicks, and Harrys who wander through here. Well, actually, there's just the one Tom, but he's been a tough competitor. Nice to discover he's also a talented shopper.

So. It's all good, and getting better.

Update: My husband points out that the computer I'm getting is obviously not new, as it's his current one. He's getting the new one, and for good reason. Whichever computer is mine gets the least rigorous use - I want to write on it, and now I'll be able to get online with it, and that's about it. So, I've updated the title to reflect reality.

No comments: