Monday, January 12, 2009

Still can't do it

Even with eight days left in his presidency, I still can't make it through an entire Bush press conference. I tried, I really did. I thought, poor thing, let him go out with dignity. Listen to him, just this once.

He lost me at, 'I don't know why some people were so angry but I didn't let them affect my decisions.'

Yeah, dip-stick, we noticed. There we were, yelling, "HEY, WATCH OUT! THAT ICE IS REALLY, REALLY THIN!" Did you let that kind of negative, unhelpful criticism slow you down? Of course not! You had made up your mind, being the decider and all, and you waltzed right out there onto that pond. It didn't seem to occur to you that, since we were tied to you, when the ice broke we'd all go into the drink. And only the most deranged Bush-haters would be so mean-spirited as to mention that we're drowning out here.

Oh, for the love of God. Spare us. Just. Go. Away.

No comments: